Prince of Peace Lutheran Church is seeking a gifted musician/leader to enhance and coordinate our contemporary worship experience. Upon reviewing the information below, and if you feel called to learn more about this opportunity, please see our job posting on Indeed and submit your resume there.
Mission: To deepen and further a spirit of authentic, Spirit-filled worship through music.
Proposal: 10-15 hours per week. $300 per week
General Description of the position: To assist the pastor in providing leadership, direction, and organization of the worship praise band. The music of worship is an essential element to our life of faith. The Worship Leader will plan, coordinate, and lead Christ-centered worship that is inspirational, intentional, experiential, participatory, communal, and seeks a standard of excellence. Coordinating and leading with our current band will provide support to what we have been doing and new direction and energy as well.
Duties: Under the direction of the Pastor, the Worship Coordinator/Leader will:
- Coordinate with the Pastor to plan each service so the theme and focus is clearly communicated and reinforced by the music
- Lead the selection of music that is theologically sound, current, relevant, and undergirds our worship
- Organize and lead rehearsal. Ensuring that the materials needed are available, including set lists, chord/lyric sheets, and more
- Facilitate schedules of band members to ensure instruments and vocals are covered each week. We have a Planning Center Online account, but it is underutilized at this point
- Work with current and future band members to make excellence the standard of our music offerings for worship
- Be available to lead worship both vocally and instrumentally
- Assess needs in regards to equipment, instruments, and other technologies
- Work with Pastor in planning ahead for worship themes; seasons; and series
- Perform other duties, as requested
- A heart that is moldable to the Lord; a growing disciple of Jesus
- Working knowledge of praise music
- Openness to the Lutheran lens of faith
- Collaborative spirit
Commitments from our Pastor:
- Prayer for you
- Support and encouragement of you in this role
- Collaboration and partnership. While the Pastor is in charge of the overall direction and shaping of each worship experience, he is always open to input, ideas, and creative expressions
The person who fills this position will be a part of a caring group of people who love Jesus, one another, and making music together.